Tuesdays 6:30pm to 7:30pm with Liz Skene
Saturdays 2:30pm to 3:30pm with Katie Livingston
Static trapeze, or fixed trapeze, is a circus art performed on the bars and ropes of a mainly stationary trapeze. This class is designed for beginning aerialists to gain confidence and strength in the fundamentals of Static Trapeze. You will learn to get on and off the trapeze unassisted, as well as seated and under the bar poses. This is also an excellent conditioning class for established aerialists looking to hone their transitions and perfect their technique, without focusing on choreography.
Be ready to build strength, flexibility, and coordination – not to mention bruises in unusual places…!
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No rings, dangling necklaces, or earrings.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a mature teen and adult class, please contact us if you have a younger student who is interested in taking this class
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial Level 1 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours of more of notice prior to the missed class.
$150 for a seven week session (3/8 – 4/19/14)
$25 for single class
Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.