Sundays 1:00pm to 2:00pm with Lis Chere Thomas
Static trapeze, or fixed trapeze, is a circus art performed on the bars and ropes of a mainly stationary trapeze. This class is designed for beginning aerialists to gain confidence and strength in the fundamentals of Static Trapeze. You will learn to get on and off the trapeze unassisted, as well as seated and under the bar poses. This is also an excellent conditioning class for established aerialists looking to hone their transitions and perfect their technique, without focusing on choreography.
Be ready to build strength, flexibility, and coordination – not to mention bruises in unusual places…!
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist, and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No rings, dangling necklaces, or earrings.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is an adult and 16+ class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial Level 1 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class.
- Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.