Thursdays 7:45pm to 8:45pm with Chantal Dixon
The Lyra (also known as the aerial hoop, aerial ring or cerceau) is a circular steel apparatus, resembling a hula hoop. It is suspended from the ceiling and can be used static, spinning, or swinging. This class is designed for beginning aerialists to gain confidence and strength in the fundamentals of Lyra. You will learn to get on and off the apparatus unassisted, as well as seated and under the bar poses. This is also an excellent conditioning class for established aerialists looking to hone their transitions and perfect their technique. Be ready to build strength, flexibility, and coordination – not to mention bruises in unusual places…!
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist ,and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Bring a water bottle
- Long hair tied back.
- No rings, dangling necklaces, or earrings.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a adult and 16+ class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any conditioning class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours of more of notice prior to the missed class.
- Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.