Saturdays 12:00pm to 1:00pm with Katie Livingston
Handstand basics works on the steps to this popular inversion. Never before balanced on your hands? Got some handstand know-how but want some tips and tricks? This class works with beginner-level students on building the courage and strategies for inversions on the hands. Focuses on alignment, flexibility, and strength. Will also cover spotting, falling, breath, and subtle adjustment. Each class includes 15-20 minutes of warm-up and stretching, followed by demonstration of handstand tips and tricks, and practice with spotters.
- PREREQS: students must be able to reach overhead and perform beginning inversions like downward facing dog and standing forward fold.
- Please wear fitted clothing that can tuck in, remove jewelry, and tie back hair.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), or heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Bring a yoga mat and a water bottle
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- All A2A classes are adult (18+) only.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any balance & dance class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class.
- Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.
A2 Aviary Cancellation Policy
Seven week class sessions
We work hard to keep our class size small, for safety and for the highest quality experience for our students. With the limited amount of spots available in each class, we are not able to offer refunds at any time. All seven week class series sales are final and we will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account once the session has begun.
Missed class in a session
Students may make up one and only one missed class per session, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class. We will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account for no call/no shows or more than one missed class. The class must be made up before the end of the seven week session in one of the other available classes in that category (aerial, balance & dance, or conditioning). Level 2 and 3 classes may be made up in the class level you are attending or lower. Please notify the front desk upon arrival when you are attending a make-up class.
Missed single class
It is your responsibility to attend the single reservation class(es) you have registered for and cancel the ones you will not attend. If you are going to miss a class, please cancel your reservation in MindBody at least 24 hours before the start time of class. We will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account for no call/no shows. All classes canceled with 24 hours or more of notice will be fully credited to your account.