Saturdays 12:00pm to 1:00pm with Katie Livingston
Handstand basics works on the steps to this popular inversion. Never before balanced on your hands? Got some handstand know-how but want some tips and tricks? This class works with beginner-level students on building the courage and strategies for inversions on the hands. Focuses on alignment, flexibility, and strength. Will also cover spotting, falling, breath, and subtle adjustment. Each class includes 15-20 minutes of warm-up and stretching, followed by demonstration of handstand tips and tricks, and practice with spotters.
- Requirements for Hand Balance include: students must be able to reach overhead and perform beginning inversions like downward facing dog and standing forward fold.
- Please wear fitted clothing that can tuck in, remove jewelry, and tie back hair.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), or heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Bring a yoga mat and a water bottle
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a adult and 16+ class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any balance & dance class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class.
- Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.