Mondays 6:30pm to 7:30pm
with Erin Garber-Pearson
This class will be expand upon the skills learned in Aerial Silks Level 1, adding in more advanced poses, climbs and foundational skills to work towards a complete aerial routine. Newer students will focus on building the endurance needed to spend several minutes in the air, more advanced students will layer personal style, choreography, and refinement over the basics. This is a multi level class which should be repeated until student has mastered skills for Level 3. All students enrolled in the entire series are invited to perform at LIFT OFF. Be ready to build strength, flexibility, and coordination – not to mention bruises in unusual places…!
- Students must have completed at least one or more full seven week sessions of Aerial Silks Level 1, have instructor approval, or have trained in another facility.
- Requirements for level 2 include: basic climb, foot knot in the air, inverting to crochet hooked feet from the ground or in the air, and x back to enroll in this series.
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a mature teen and adult class, please contact us if you have a younger student who is interested in taking this class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial Level 2 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class.
$150 for a seven week series (Mon 3/3 – 4/14/14, Sat 3/8 – 4/19/14)
$25 for a single class
Please scroll down for Level 2
Click here to register!
Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.