Mondays 5:30pm to 6:30pm and Saturdays 4:30pm to 5:30pm
with Erin Garber-Pearson
Aerial Silks, also known as Tissu or Ribbons, are a fabric apparatus hung from above that is climbed, wrapped around the body, and/or tied to create dramatic drops, poses and movements in the air. This class is designed for beginning aerialists to gain confidence and strength in the fundamentals of Aerial Silks. You will learn basic climbs and descents, how to apply foot locks, and work towards inversions.Strength makes it seamless! This is also an excellent conditioning class for established aerialists looking to hone their transitions and perfect their technique, without focusing on choreography.
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a mature teen and adult class, please contact us if you have a younger student who is interested in taking this class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial Level 1 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours of more of notice prior to the missed class.
$150 for seven week series (Mon 3/3 – 4/14/14, Sat 3/8 – 3/19/14)
$25 for single class
Please scroll down for Saturday Basics class
Click here to register!
Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.