Sundays at 3:30pm to 4:30pm
with Lis Chere Thomas
This class will work for longer periods in the air and at greater heights adding new sequences, poses and transitions to skills they learned in Level 2. Emphasis on form, technique, problem solving (while upside down!), and choreography will be discussed. Conditioning exercises which build core and upper body strength and flexibility will be included in each class. All students enrolled in the entire seven week series are invited to perform at LIFT OFF.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one full session of Silks 2 (or have received similar training in another facility) and have instructor approval to register.
- Requirements for Level 3 class include: Execution of a minimum of 3 different climbs, Inverting in the air, hip key in the air, and ability to comfortably perform at least two moves in a row.
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a adult and 16+ class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial Level 2 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class.
- Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.