Saturday 4:30pm to 5:30pm
with Anne Ryan
Aerial Silks, also known as Tissu or Ribbons, is a fabric apparatus hung from above that is climbed, wrapped around the body, and/or tied to create dramatic drops, pose, and movements in the air. This absolute beginners class will teach you to climb, apply footlocks, introduce you to the flexibility, leverage, and balance used while on the apparatus, as well as how to engage the muscles needed to stay safe in the air. This class is only available by single reservation and does not have a seven week progressive curriculum. It is designed for beginning aerialists who wish to join the Aerial Silks 1 class, but missed the first week or more of that seven week series. You are welcome to repeat this class as often as you like until you feel comfortable with these fundamentals, or if you simply want to condition and hone the basics in an instructor guided environment.
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, backs of the knees and waist even when hands are raised above the head. Men will want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle!
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a adult and 16+ class.