Tuesday 6:30pm to 7:30pm
with Anne Ryan and Coral Rose
Aerial Silks, also known as Tissu or Ribbons, is a fabric apparatus hung from above that is climbed, wrapped around the body, and/or tied to create dramatic drops, pose, and movements in the air. This absolute beginners class will teach you to climb, apply footlocks, introduce you to the flexibility, leverage, and balance used while on the apparatus, as well as how to engage the muscles needed to stay safe in the air. This class is only available by single reservation and does not have a seven week progressive curriculum. It is designed for beginning aerialists who wish to join the Aerial Silks 1 class, but missed the first week or more of that seven week series. You are welcome to repeat this class as often as you like until you feel comfortable with these fundamentals, or if you simply want to condition and hone the basics in an instructor guided environment.
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting clothing that allows freedom of movement and covers backs of the knees, underarms, and waist when hands are extended above the head.
- Men will want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle, you will need it!
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- All A2A classes are adult (18+) only
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial Level 1 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours of more of notice prior to the missed class.
- Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.
$25 for a single class
Please remember to scroll down for all options
A2 Aviary Cancellation Policy
Seven week class sessions
We work hard to keep our class size small, for safety and for the highest quality experience for our students. With the limited amount of spots available in each class, we are not able to offer refunds at any time. All seven week class series sales are final and we will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account once the session has begun.
Missed class in a session
Students may make up one and only one missed class per session, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class. We will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account for no call/no shows or more than one missed class. The class must be made up before the end of the seven week session in one of the other available classes in that category (aerial, balance & dance, or conditioning). Level 2 and 3 classes may be made up in the class level you are attending or lower. Please notify the front desk upon arrival when you are attending a make-up class.
Missed single class or workshop
It is your responsibility to attend the single reservation class(es) you have registered for and cancel the ones you will not attend. If you are going to miss a class, please cancel your reservation in MindBody at least 24 hours before the start time of class. We will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account for no call/no shows. All classes canceled with 24 hours or more of notice will be fully credited to your account.*
*A2A is pleased to offer workshops taught by instructors traveling from all over the country (and sometimes the world). As such, we are unable to offer refunds for these workshops and this will always be clearly stated in the workshop description.
It is your responsibility to attend the private classes that you have made appointments for and cancel the ones you will not attend. If you are going to miss an appointment, please cancel your reservation in MindBody at least 24 hours before the start time of that appointment. We will not pro-rate, reimburse, or credit your account for no call/no shows. All appointments cancelled with 24 hours or more of notice will be fully credited to your account.
We work hard to coordinate studio and instructor schedules to insure that your private party is fun, safe, and unforgettable. As such, we require full payment to make a reservation. Events cancelled with two weeks’ notice are entitled to a full refund, events cancelled with one week of notice are entitled to a 50% refund, and no refunds or credits will be issued with less than one week of notice.