Sundays 2:15pm to 3:15pm with Lis Thomas (ends 8/10/14)
An artistic discipline in its own right, aerial hammock is similar to aerial silks, except the fabric hangs in a loop creating a hammock-like apparatus. It provides new and experienced students alike with skills transferable to silks, trapeze, and lyra. Students in this class will learn a variety of dynamic and lyrical progressions while focusing on strength, fluidity, and choreography.
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- This is a adult and 16+ class.
- Students may make up one missed class per session in any Aerial 1 or lower class, provided they give the Aviary 24 hours or more of notice prior to the missed class.
$150 for a seven week series (5/4 – 6/15/14)
$25 for a single class
Click here to register!
(scroll down for Aerial Hammock)
Single class reservations are only available on & after the start date of the current series.